Water Technology

Portable Desalination Plants from Modern Water

With water being an essential commodity and water shortages being discussed regularly on the news, investors are thinking ahead and looking for ways to invest in a technology that will allow us access to the 97.5% of water on this planet that contains salt. However pure-play desalination stocks are not so easy to come by. […]

The Most Popular Way to Invest in U.S. Water Stocks

Water as an investment attracts two types of investors who are distinctly different. The first type are income investors, perhaps retirees, who see the safety and dependability of a steady growing dividend as a protection against inflation. Many utilities along with water utilities provide this safety. The second type of investor is someone who is […]

Oasys’ Award Winning Desalination Technology

In several previous articles, we looked at the top-20  engineering, procurement and construction contractors for desalination plants constructed between the years 2000 to 2011. Of that list, only one company seemed like a viable pure-play investment in desalination. While the technology has been in operation for over a decade now, new disruptive desalination technologies are being […]

10 More Desalination Companies

Like oil, water is a finite resource.  With over 60% of the Earth’s accessible freshwater supply found in just 10 countries, water is not freely available to everyone in this world. 780 million people throughout the globe lack access to clean water while at the same time Nestle sells over 60 brands of water worldwide. As a global […]

Investing in Desalination Companies

Freshwater is often talked about as being “the next gold”, and for good reason. 97.5% of all water on Earth is saltwater, leaving only 2.5% as freshwater. 70% of that freshwater is frozen in the icecaps of Antarctica and Greenland and < 1% of the world’s freshwater is accessible for direct human use. With agriculture being responsible for […]

NanoH2O Turns Sea Water Into Fresh Water

A website called Water.org lists some interesting facts about water that most people are unaware of. For example, 780 million people lack access to clean water, a number that exceeds the population of the U.S.A by over 2.5 times. While more than 3.4 million people die each year from water, sanitation, and hygiene-related causes, nearly […]